Monday, January 21, 2013

Toddler Collage A.K.A. Sticky Wall Art


This creative experience for toddlers is super fun and very inexpensive to set up. Simply purchase a roll of contact paper, tape the paper to a wall or door, and provide items for a child to stick onto the paper.

Here are some inexpensive craft items that my son has used to make a sticky wall collage:

feathers, pom poms, tissue paper squares, pipe cleaners, stickers, foam shapes / letters / numbers / animals, ribbon pieces, buttons, craft sticks

Even try clear contact paper taped to a glass door on a sunny day for a very colorful collage result. My toddler just loved how each item stuck to the paper. This is such an easy and exciting project for toddlers to enjoy.

-Deborah

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah - thank you for coming over to my FB page and letting me know about your blog. Love all the wonderful ideas!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little blog you have here. We love contact paper and still try to think of different activities to do with it. I know my daughter always just loved the stickiness of contact paper without even making a collage. Keep up the great work. Thanks for inviting me to check your blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love sticky wall activities!! Congrats on starting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind words and interest. Please keep checking back as I update ideas often on my blog!

    ReplyDelete