Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Invitation To Play & Learn - Number Dig Sensory Bin

 
Here is a fun sensory number activity I created for my son. Inside the bin is a mixture of dry corn and rice. Below the bin I have a magnetic tray with number cards. The purpose of this activity is to dig through the corn and rice to find the numbers 1-10 and to place them onto the magnetic board in numerical order. This is also a great way to practice saying and learning each number.
 How to play:
1. Dig through the corn and rice
2. Find one number at a time
3. Say each number and place it onto the correct number spot on the tray
 
Shown above: Older children can dig for the numbers and then place them in numerical order on their own, without the help of number cards.
 
Children can even have fun scooping and pouring the corn and rice for an exciting sensory experience when the activity is complete. This activity was super easy and inexpensive to create and set up. Learning is so much fun with sensory bins!
 
-Deborah

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It will be one I implement with my 3 year old. He is going to love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great.

    I would love for you to link up this - and your other sensory play posts - at the Sensory Play link up on Empty Your Archive, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete